Handmade Wednesday: Let Your Towels Talk!
This week, I decided to actually make the craft I wanted to talk about! What a novel idea. Sometimes I amaze myself. Anyway, my sister is adopting a baby which is due in less than two weeks and so they have had to get their remodeled home completely finished. The last thing they’ve been working on is their main bathroom. They decided to go with blue and white ….. now I could go into all the details about how they made it look just dandy, but perhaps I’ll save that for another time. Right now, I’ll just tell you about my project.
I wanted to give my sister and her husband something that they could put in the bathroom. I also wanted to give them a “Congrats on the Baby” gift. Nothing crazy, but just a little something. I thought about towels but they can be so impersonal (nothing to do with the baby). I decided to make something. And what do you know, a name on a towel came right to me! Making them for my blood sister made me want to make some for Bonnie too and this one here is for her eldest son Aiden. You can also stitch sayings like “Wash your hands!” or “I can tell” if you have kids who fake their hand washing after using the bathroom….. might have to try this.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Plain towels
- Embroidery thread in your choice of color
- Embroidery needle
- The ability to do a back stitch (watch the video below if you don’t know… it’s easy)
Here’s How To Do It:
- Lay out your towel and lightly pencil the name or words you will be stitching (this will make it easier to stitch)
- Pull however many embroidery threads you want to use and thread your needle (easy thread separating video)
- Begin your needle work and use the backstitch!